Wednesday 10 April 2013

North Korea


I don’t really understand what’s going on with North Korea and the people who run it, but I know that it could very easily turn sour and possibly end in world destruction.

I know very little about the UK’s history with North Korea, and the same with the relationship between the USA and Korea, but I know we’re not the best of friends. In History, having studied the Cold War and the Korean War, I understand the battle with Communist and anti-Communist forces and the effect this has had on Russia, China, the US and many European countries in the past.

The Korean War, being the political battle between North and South essentially, also involved the UN (which was influenced mostly by the US Government), the US itself and the UK on South Korea’s side, with China and supposedly the USSR fighting with North Korea, although the USSR boycotted the UN and the war.

So, I’m guessing what’s happening now, 50 years on, is sort of the same; something political that people aren’t happy about.

But, we have nuclear weapons thrown in the mix. Back in 1950-53, General MacArthur openly threatened China and North Korea with nuclear weapons but he was removed from his position by President Truman, as this was out of order.

But now, there doesn’t seem to be anyone telling Kim Jong Un he’s been a bad boy. Some people think Kim Jong Un is testing the US and South Korean response to his threats while others believe North Korea has a secret weapon system that can destroy and neutralize Americas advanced military capability.

But, to be perfectly honest, I think Kim Jong Un should take a step back, a big step back. This could result in nuclear Armageddon; it’s not just a problem for the US, it’s for any countries within North Koreans ICBM range, which is a lot.

There’s always another way to sort things out, and I personally don’t understand what has provoked this uprising from within Korea. There probably is a reason, but I can’t shake the feeling that if there was a valid, genuine, realistic reason I would know about it.



I’m probably wrong and this article didn’t work because I don’t know enough but I’m not a big politics person… although I should probably be more bothered about this, seeing as it very slightly possibly the end of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment