Monday 19 November 2012

Breaking Dawn Part 2 Review

On Saturday night, I witnessed the best film I have seen in a while; the long awaited, final Twilight film. Despite part 1 and 2 being filmed back to back, Part 2 was released on the 16th of November, keeping with the tradition of releasing a film mid-November. 
Going into the cinema, being a huge fan of the books, I didn't know what to expect; would the screenwriters stick close to the book, changing only a few minor details? Or would there be drastic, unforgettable changes that alter the plot entirely? I was pleasantly surprised, as the screenplay was, generally, the former.
Given the fact the Stephanie Meyer, the well-known author of the Twilight Saga had some input into the content, the plot was fairly similar, with one big twist at the climax of the film. 
On a whole, the film was fantastic; I definitely really enjoyed it, getting emotional at the end. I had my hands clamped so hard over my mouth, it hurt. A lot. 
Kristen Stewart played her part well, clearly enjoying her time as vampire, red eyes and everything. Edward, played by Robert Pattinson, was as good looking as ever, and, for once, not jealous of Jacob!
There was an appropriate amount of humor included, earning some laughs from the cinema, especially towards the beginning, when Bella finds out Jacob has become rather attached to her new born baby. There was, of course, some romance, and even some fighting towards the end. With werewolves and vampires galore, I think the series definitely went out with a bang!

*****
A well earned 5 stars