Sunday 31 March 2013

Holidays

Personally, I couldn't live without holidays. The time off school, just staying at home for the majority of the break is always much needed.

Some people go away every time the get the chance, jetting off to Spain or America or wherever they fancy. I, having not gone abroad since I was 5, don't know what this is like, but I think I'd prefer to stay at home anyway, maybe doing day trips out to places where it normally rains.

In the Summer, we do have a family holiday up north for a week, on the Eastern Coast normally, although this year we're going to Vancouver Island, Canada for 2 weeks. I'm really excited about this, as it's somewhere different and interesting, and it'll be amazing to meet family I've never seen before.

But that's not what I wanted to write about. I wanted to write about time off, and how much I appreciate it. Being anemic, I feel constantly tired and lethargic, and school can really wear me down. I always feel especially tired when I know the holidays are just around the corner, and I only have a few more days left before I have a few weeks off. I usually just eat and sleep and live on my laptop. There's not a lot else I need or want to do.

Some people complain they get bored during the holidays; the first week or so is fun, as they can chill with their friends and family, or sleep in for as long as they wish. Then they get bored because they have nothing else to do, besides school work which, lets face it, no one really wants to do.

This time, I've made a list of things I need to do, and I'm keeping it on my desk. This way, I know exactly what I have to do, and it doesn't escape me, because it's always there, and I know I'll have to do it all at some point. I'm sure my physics homework can wait a little while.

But when I have a list to work from, I find I get it done without procrastinating too much, as I always feel like the holidays are shorter than they really are. Either way, I think these are going to be a good 2 weeks off, as I don't have anything planned other than sleeping and sticking like glue to my laptop. Call me antisocial.

PS; Happy Easter Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment