Thursday 14 March 2013

Plans


I consider myself a pretty organised person. I may not always come across as co-ordinated and orderly, but I do try to keep my life as well thought-out as possible. It just makes things easier, instead of being spontaneous and leaving things to chance, or to the last minute.

With homework, I do sometimes procrastinate and put it off; depending on the subject and the kind of work we have been given. For something like English, I usually do it the day I get it, as English is my favourite subject and we are usually given interesting assignments. I usually do my German homework within a quick timescale too, but this is more because I’m very likely to forget what we were doing in the lesson, and how to actually speak German properly.

But it’s not just with my school work that I prefer to be organised. It’s with pretty much everything else too! I know some people would really hate to live like that, but I don’t control my day to day life, sticking to a single, boring regime. I just prefer to know what’s happening and when.

On Saturday, I’m going to see One Direction in Manchester. Words cannot describe how excited I am (apart from maybe expletives and nonsense exclamations). But this has definitely got me into a planning frenzy; I want to get there and back home in once piece. I’ve never really had to bother with train times and station changes before; I’ve always travelled with either my mum or my dad, and my dad always sorts the tickets for us, as he’s a train driver and knows what he’s doing. It’s the same with train changes, as dad knows which train is going to be where, all the time, meaning we’re never lost and always on time.

This time it’s different; my dad is having nothing to do with my trip to see a ‘rubbish, manufactured boy band’. When I realised my mum wouldn’t sort the tickets, and neither would the friends I’m going with, I took to the internet to get cheap tickets for my friends; they seemed to expect to magically appear in Manchester, having seemingly made no travel arrangements for themselves. I don’t need tickets as my Mum is coming with, supervising, which means my travel exemption is valid – I have to have either my mum or dad with me, and my rail pass, to travel for free, thanks to Dad and his very handy discounts.

But this is an example of how I prefer things to be organised and arranged; if I hadn’t done it, no one else would have. If things are pre-arranged and sorted out before hand, it just makes the whole ordeal, or experience, a lot more pleasant and enjoyable, no matter what it is. It’s not about controlling every single detail and not allowing any leeway, not at all. It’s about having a basic guideline to follow, like a backup plan, and knowing what’s going on and when.

It’s just how I am, and I think it makes every day a bit easier.